Monday 25 July 2016

Visible Monday - frayed denim

Who'd have thought it, according to the papers my old frayed shorts are the height of fashion! It has taken a good couple of dozen years to get them to this state of desirability, frayed to the point of imminent collapse. I've not been seen outside the garden in them but now that they are so fashionable perhaps I should saunter out?
Perhaps not!
Earlier in the day I wore a respectable skirt, featured many times before on Visible Monday, on a trip to the surgery to pick up antibiotics. Our woods are full of deer and yesterday I removed a tick from my leg so treatment to avoid Lyme's disease is required. I am usually carefully covered up but due to the unusually nice weather I'd neglected to tuck trousers into boots - I'm looking suitably chastened, I'll not make that mistake again!
Short-sleeved liken blouse from H&M, cotton cardi from Boden for Patti's Visible Monday.

6 comments:

  1. Look how confident you are in your frayed denim shorts! Love that. And do take care to avoid the ticks, nasty little things. Thanks for linking up,

    Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I certainly feel at home in those shorts, Patti because I've been wearing them for very many years!
      (If I wasn't living at the other side of the pond I would be demanding to go shopping with you - surely you are the queen of the thrift shoppers?!)

      Delete
  2. You look wonderful and very confident in your frayed shorts. It is good that you found that tick and went to the doctor quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gave me a nasty start to discover the lump on the back of my leg. Now I know how my little dog felt when I used to approach her with the bottle of 'Tick-off' and the tweezers!

      Delete
  3. Haha, love your denim shorts, so on trend! Frayed shorts only work if you do the fraying yourself. That's my report on that. Heh.
    Good thing you noticed the tick, oooh, that bug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It just goes to show that if you keep something long enough, it'll come back into style. And in YOUR case, it will still fit beautifully.

    ReplyDelete