Thursday 2 August 2012

Red, white and blue



The whole country is awash with red, white and blue. This is Oxford Street in London hung with Union Jacks.
I have one navy dress, which I trotted out for the jubilee celebrations. I wore my grandmother's pearls and her lapiz necklace together with my 'shipwreck' coral to enter into the spirit of things. The headgear came out of a cracker!



We got home sometime the following morning and had a cup of tea. You can't get much more British than that!

4 comments:

  1. Love the ensemble! Arriving home just in time for tea....sounds like a good time was had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cup of tea was enjoyed at about one in the morning!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Himself is in London, at the Olympics today and last night at the proms to enjoy the Bach Mass with our elder daughter. It is quite a year for exciting events!

      Delete