Sunday 26 May 2019

Babysitting.

We were in Bournemouth again for a few days to look after our grandson. He is changing so rapidly, thank goodness for FaceTime so that at least we are able to be in digital contact on a regular basis. It means that he is very familiar with my voice and face so that I get a good welcome when I appear in person. ("Where's Nana?" he wanted to know after I'd left this time.)
He is a busy little boy, eager to help and to be involved and since his parents are restoring an old house and a neglected garden there is no shortage of jobs to attend to!

Its good to take a break from manual labour every now and then and just sit down quietly to look at a book

or peel a bit of paper off the crayons!
In his bedroom there are a number of toys that are over forty years old, well loved items from his parents own childhoods.
It is lovely to see these toys in use again; a Dick Bruna jigsaw, balancing birds, stacking shapes and architectural building blocks bought while on a wet and windy winter holiday in Malta. (Not a holiday that I would wish to repeat!)

The light-up globe is/was his daddy's.
I don't want our grandson to grow up TOO quickly
I love him just as he is.

2 comments:

  1. Cute. I felt like that in bed this morning. Needless to say I didn't look like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't picture you as looking angelic, Tom!

    ReplyDelete