Sunday 18 December 2011

Winter titfers

Titfer, English rhyming slang
Tit-for-tat,  hat.

Oh, the weather outside is frightful, as the song goes.  It's the time of year to cram on a cosy titfer before going out. Wee one was home for the weekend and agreed to model some of my winter hats.

This is an obliging old brown hat that can be crammed into a pocket and pulled out without being much the worse for wear.

This brown one with its large black velvet, lop-sided bow is a real favourite but it doesn't respond too well to casual treatment.



Jaeger cashmere pull-on hat. It has a matching jumper. 

Wee 0ne's hair
is

V
E
R
Y
 
L
O
N
G
!

I have everyday berets

and a beret with attitude.

Fed up with modeling? I know to call it a day when Wee one starts larking about with the dog!

I, on the other hand, take my hat wearing very seriously!


2 comments:

  1. Oh I love hats! I am impressed "wee one" last through three or four hats. I am not for sure mine would have donned the first one. I will now call my hats titfers and let everyone try to figure out what I am talking about. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Bonnie, Wee one was a very patient model for me throughout her childhood, as she pointed out to her partner on Sunday. "This is how I spent my childhood, with Mum saying, 'Don't move yet, I'm nearly finished!"

    ReplyDelete