Monday 21 October 2019

Visible Monday

This week Patti, who hosts Visible Monday, asks if we are in a city or country mood. She is currently in Manhattan and loving it. I'm more of a country person. I like to visit cities but not to stay. After an exciting time I'm more than ready to  return to the quiet of the countryside. Last night we went to the city of Wells where Himself was participating in an event at the Literary Festival. 
The cathedral city of Wells is small, of a scale that I'm comfortable with, I could quite happily imagine myself living there.
It's autumn in England, with drizzling rain. It's damp and cold, so it's rap-up-well weather; woollen jumper, coat and trousers, and leather ankle boots - with socks!
Linking up with Patti to see who's wearing what.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the mention, and for coming over to Vis Monday! Your Fall look is lovely, xo.

    Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sun today and suddenly autumn looks lovely, I may even have to shed a jumper!

      Delete
  2. Like you, Rosemary, I enjoy visiting cities for a day or two. I love the adrenaline it gives me and all the lights and excitement that it holds, especially New York. However, I am so happy to live in the country where the lights are provided by the moon and stars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever I read your comments I feel that we are so similar, you have described my own feelings well. One of the pleasures of our small hamlet is that it has no street lighting and we can enjoy seeing the stars (but also the nearby orange glow of the city!)

      Delete
  3. That pink is a great idea to be worn on a grey day - it brightens up anything, and suits you perfectly!
    I still live in the same city where I was born, but have lived part of my childhood in a village and that was the best place for a kid.
    My hometown is not very big (90,000 inhabitants), just the right size for me. For work, I often have to be in bigger cities such as Munich and Berlin, but I am always glad to return to my small-town world, and on weekends, to O.K.'s village of less than 3,000.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pink coat is certainly a spirit lifter, people often come up to me and say how much they like the colour.
      You sound to have achieved a comfortable life balance, Librarian, it's good to read that your hometown is 'just the right size'.

      Delete