Tuesday 3 September 2019

Another shirtwaister

It's definitely autumn now, with that going back to school feel in the air. I'm in a dress that is similar to ones that I wore as a school girl in the '50's. My autumn/winter school uniform was navy and white, a navy gymslip and white blouse and I've felt comfortable in those colours ever since. This navy cotton shirtwaister by Samantha Sung is a delight to wear. It is beautifully made, with attention to the smallest detail. Buttoned through and finely pleated at the waist, it opens out into a very full skirt. It can be dressed up or, as here with tatty old shoes, dressed down.
Sharing with Patti at not dead yet style.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely a great colour for you, and the cut of the dress suits you very well, too.
    I love such versatile pieces in the wardrobe, the ones you can wear for almost any occasion, just dress them up or down and you'll always be turned out nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel really home in this dress. I had an earlier version when I was sixteen!

      Delete