Monday 19 August 2019

Visible Monday - shirtwaisters.

The heavens opened this morning and the wind blew, no skinny top and shorts for me today. It feels rather autumnal, cool enough to do a bit of layering, with a white tee under my indigo chambray shirtwaister from Toast. I bought it in their sale a few years ago for £35 reduced from £135, the sort of price reduction that makes me very happy! It is extremely comfortable to wear, a roomy size 12, button-through with side pockets. I could also wear it as a duster coat should I choose. In the afternoon the rain stopped so I climbed up the garden ladder to cut back some branches that were whipping about in the wind. The dress has an easy work-wear vibe that seems quite at home up a ladder in a gale!
Sharing with Patti at Not Dead Yet Style.

6 comments:

  1. You look absolutely lovely in the blue shirtwaist. You are beaver than I getting up on a ladder. I have had to use three step stools in my gardens but I do it with trepidation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normal ladders I hate, the rungs are hard on your feet and I'm never convinced of their stability. The tripod ladder that I bought recently is a different matter, I should have bought one years ago. It has platform steps that are comfortable to stand on, feels really grounded and I'm able to access all manner of awkward branches. (Only realised later that I was up the ladder in my pearl necklace!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gardening in your pearl necklace - always a true lady :-)
    The look suits you very well, and that price reduction only goes to show how much profit companies make; even with the reduction, they definitely still did not give it away without at least a sliver of profit. Perfectly legitimate for them to want to make money, but there is a difference between honest profit and ripping customers off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had I remembered that I was wearing the necklace I would have carefully taken it off!

      Delete
  4. You have my hairstyle but I wear it up in a bun to hot to have it out..
    Merle........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what to do about my hair, Merle, some days I feel like getting it chopped off, other days its fine. (And, yes, it keeps me warm and that's a good thing!)

      Delete