Monday 18 March 2019

Quilts at the American Museum

On Friday evening we went to the private view of Kaffe Fassett's new quilts, the work inspired by original pieces displayed at the American Museum in Bath.
 The show contains both the old and the new and it was fascinating to move between them and note both the differences and the similarities.
What do you actually look at at a private view? We went early because there is usually such a crush that its impossible to see what is hanging on the walls. I heard someone say that you don't come to a private view to look at the work. I know what he meant; the patternistas and colour crazy were all in evidence. Wow, sock it to me!





Even Himself got in on the act in his pink jumper.

      
Photographing me photographing you.
(I wore my navy gymslip and didn't compete.)
Spots before my eyes.
This sunburst quilt  is the one that I would have taken home.
Phew!
  

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete