Monday 16 July 2018

Visible Monday in the summer.

We are experiencing a 'proper' summer here in Blighty, by which I mean hot and dry. Very hot and very dry! Comfortable dresses are the order of the day and this sleeveless red dress from Hobbs just fits the bill. I wore it to the recent local music festival so that my husband couldn't lose sight of me in the crowd but so many other women were wearing cheerful red dresses, with white sunhat like mine, that he couldn't find me!
There were all manner of dress styles at the festival  but the dress that I liked the most was this sand-coloured linen. I thought the wearer looked so elegant and well co-ordinated in her straw hat and lovely green slides.
"It's from Zara," she told me.
3/4 sleeves, a good length of skirt, a reasonable price. It's even got pockets. I had to buy it!
(Although, note to self, in future wear a bra that stops me looking like a sack of potatoes.)
Worn here with a chunky pink necklace, Manolo Blahnik sandals that are wonderfully comfortable, (although the leather soles can be treacherous on the wrong surface), and my much-loved and used Prada handbag. Linking up with Patti for her Visible Monday.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Miss Cellany!
    Thank you for your input on my blog. Love the red dress and I know what you mean about the heat! I'm in the South, the US, but find dresses are the best when trying to beat the heat! Love Zara as well.
    Jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Zara dress was my first online purchase and I'm so pleased with it. (All done with the click of a button - dangerously simple!)
      I'm loving the unusual weather, but the garden is hating it.

      Delete
  2. Can I just say how much I love your hair? I think we have mutual hair adoration.

    That red dress looked twice as good with your hair. Blunt fringe slayers unite!

    Suzanne
    http://www.suzannecarillo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Suzanne, I've been over to look at your latest post and seen with interest some of your earlier hairstyles. Now you have absolutely pinned it, girl, and look fabulous! How transforming the right haircut is.
      No doubt sometime or other I'll get tired of my long hair and get it all chopped off. Then I'll grow it again. I've been up and down all my life!

      Delete
  3. I have to agree with Suzanne that your lovely hair really complimented the red dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The red dress is a really cheering colour, easy to wear and hardly creases. Can't say the same for my newly purchased linen one, it will need a run over with the iron before I wear it again.

      Delete
  4. Wow !!! absolutely fantastic blog. I am very glad to have such useful information.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete