Monday 18 June 2018

Visible Monday - summer!

It's summer and the sun is shining, time to wear a light cotton dress. But hang on a minute, there's a strong wind blowing and it's a bit freaky out. I think I'll skulk in the greenhouse instead.  I bought this cotton shirtwaister with it's summery pattern of flowers from Zara last year. I grew up in the shirtwaister era and am happy to see a return to that style. In the '50's they were cut with very small waists and very big skirts, always worn with a petticoat underneath. Sadly this one hasn't got such a good cut but it is a comfy, easy style, with 3/4 sleeves and side pockets, so what's not to like. It is button through and doesn't have any waist at all, in fact, so is rather more like a duster coat. I'm wearing it with an old lambswool Boden cardi that I had rather tired of before I bought this dress. They fit together well. And yes, it's summer, but it's Blighty, folks, and a cardi never comes amiss.
Sharing with Patti who hosts Visible Monday.
The fabric is glazed cotton, crisp and cool.

7 comments:

  1. That look is wonderful. So smart. I am a summer dress wearer too, but a cardigan in OK would make you pass out. It is so hot here in summer. My problem is, after living on a farm in isolation for so long, I had to bend over in the garden. I still do in the city and don't care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm at the 'don't care' stage of life too - isn't it great!

      Delete
  2. That's a truly pretty, feminine dress and it looks wonderful in the greenhouse! Thanks for linking up, xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very easy summer wear and I think might layer up quite well in the autumn. It was an inexpensive purchase so I'm pleased with it!

      Delete
  3. I love your dress and you look so pretty in it, Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you -you always say the nicest things.

      Delete
  4. I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete