Thursday 21 June 2018

Victoria Art Gallery, Bath.

There's an exhibition on at the moment called, 'A Celebration of Flowers.' It's a riot of colour. The first time I went to see it everyone was taking photos and I regretted not having my camera with me. This week I returned to Bath intent on taking many photos. (I didn't cycle, I took the park and ride!)
This street artist amuses me. I'd love to see how he packs up and travels home at the end of his day.
When I got to the gallery I was disappointed to see that they had put up large signs saying no photography allowed. I had so wanted to look into Candace Bahouth's exuberant mirrors and capture reflections of Kaffe Fassett's colourful quilts. I asked politely if I could just take a general photo of the room. Request granted.
Sadly it wasn't possible to  show the mirrors. I've divided my one image in an attempt to show the impact of the colour.

All the following images are from the museum leaflet.

Seed packet quilt.
Detail from 'The Opera of Roses.'
Then I came home to my own celebration.
Raubritter.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely and interesting exhibition that must have been.

    Your rose bush is marvelous. I have little luck with roses but that does not stop me from planting them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was certainly a VERY colourful show!
      I've had a deer in the garden eating the tips off some of my rose bushes, amongst other carnage. It's so frustrating.

      Delete
  2. very beautiful and so lovely work :) i like your good idea ,Thanks for the inspiration!

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete