Monday 8 August 2016

Sunhat

Sunday morning started in a very unpromising way with dank, damp weather. We had planned to visit 'Reclaim the Streets', the large open-air market in Frome that is held on the first Sunday of every month. The streets are closed to traffic and it's a lively affair with music, bric-a-brac stalls, local food stalls and the vintage shops open on St Catherine's Hill. I've blogged it on previous occasions. Friends said, let's meet up, the weather will improve, and they were right.
 You never know what you might find.
 The assistant in one of the vintage shops looked simply wonderful.
 I had to photograph her from both angles!
 After a good wander round we drove to the Secret Garden in Mells where we placed our orders for pizzas from the wood oven.
 We sat out on the terrace with bottles of ginger beer and waited for the pizzas to arrive.
 Food, friends and sunshine, what a great combination.
 The pizzas were huge. Quite a bit of mine came home in a box and we finished it off today.
 I bought a new sunhat at the market, a white version of the purple one that I've had for a few years. It is crocheted cotton, a fair trade product that can be washed and folded into a bag, so it's great for holiday packing.
 I've crammed it on my head today to join in Patti's Visible Monday (although I've not been at all visible. I've been grubbing about in the garden all day long.)

3 comments:

  1. Happiest words ever to a thrift shopper: "you never know what you might find." You look perfectly attired for playing with the flowers. Thanks for sharing, xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your response makes me laugh, Patti, it could be the thrift shoppers anthem! Hope the move went well.

      Delete
  2. That is the BEST hat. I've been looking for something just like that. And portable pizza ovens. They are at every farmer's market around here and I honestly don't what I did before they started showing up. I'm a sucker for a good roasty pizza.

    ReplyDelete