Monday 23 February 2015

I never go out

without first slapping on a bit of moisturiser. I'm not remotely faithful to one brand. My summer choice has long been L'Occitane's very precious fluid because it has a SPF 40 but last year I also used a more economical Olay complete care with a 30 SPF. I've learned that packaging and price don't always have anything to do with the quality of the product, some VERY fancy packaging has contained disappointing contents that have not felt good on my skin. Quite often the description of the ingredients and the claims made about the product make me laugh (I'm a natural sceptic.) So when I was given this rather posh little box
with it's oh, so dainty drawstring interior
and product information telling me that it was Temple Spa 'Skin Truffle for total facial rejuvenation with pure gold, truffles and diamonds' I was still not prepared to be impressed.
What a load of tosh, I thought.
But IT"S FABULOUS. I'll be heartbroken when it's all used up!
I'm going nowhere today, the weather is dreadful, cold, sleeting rain. I'm slobbing about the house in cosy old clothes in various shades of blue; cotton, denim and cashmere.
The Clark's suede shoes have a bit of a bow to cheer me up.
These grey days leave me feeling starved of bright colours and I'm still on the look-out for a scarlet dress.  But I would happily have this suit instead. It was advertised in the Sunday paper.
Pity about the price!!!
Linking up with Patti 

14 comments:

  1. You look fabulous to be staying inside. It is snowing here today... I'm in yoga pants and a zip up jacket....comfort! Closest thing to pajamas! Oh I love it when I find a moisturizer that feels wonderful. Enjoy your treasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pajamas - now you're talking! Happily a little skin truffle goes a long way. I've been dipping into the pot for many months and am only half way through. Keep cosy, Bonnie, spring will be on it's way soon!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Bonnie, you look great staying indoors. And that pink tuxedo is really stunning. Thanks for sharing with visible Monday, xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pink suit, what a price, Patti - who can afford such outfits? The waistcoat alone is a totally ridiculous sum of money.

      Delete
  3. I would take that suit, too! We will be at -38 tonight. Dear god! I have to say - I love that packaging....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. -38, woa! You wouldn't get me out from under the bedcovers!

      Delete
  4. I could use a few loads of that tosh at my house. Heh. And nobody has ever looked so good slobbing around the house. I love that photo of you reclining with the flowers in the foreground. The pink suit will live on in my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Icy winds here, I'm blathering the tosh on! Flowers in the house are one of the most cheering things I know. These daffodils looked like sticks when I bought them and I was fearful that they would never open but they are in a room where a wood burner throws out lots of heat and have blossomed beautifully. (That's what a bit of warmth does!)
      I'd be happy to possess just the waistcoat, never mind the rest of the outfit. Definitely the stuff only of dreams.

      Delete
  5. In December, my wardrobe became grey and black and because of the cold, snowy, icy weather, I have been inside. Come March, I will take out my pinks,

    That cream came in beautiful packaging and the fact that it works, makes it a treasure. I hope you can find some more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you have pinks to lift out of your wardrobe! I've got to go out looking for mine and am not being very successful.
      I'm making the moisturiser last, it was a present and I fear, rather expensive!

      Delete
  6. Denim, cashmere and sued shoes! You look beautiful in your casual wear! Your hair is a gorgeous halo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've grown my short crop out because my wonderful hairdresser retired. The advantage, at least in winter, is that long hair is very cosy around the nape of the neck!
    You looked ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIC in the last set of photographs, every little detail considered, such stylish, relaxed and joyful images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm searching for a denim pinafore-style dress like yours - no luck yet, but you've inspired me to keep on trying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is a hand-me-on from the Duchess, elder daughter, who wore it well as a teenager but is now forty-three. Doesn't denim wear well!! (And I've got a pair of her very baggy denim dungaree shorts lurking about in the cupboard somewhere.)

      Delete