Monday 11 November 2013

J. Crew comes to town

The Sunday newspaper felt heavy. It's the time of year when everyone is trying to part you from your money in the great pre-Christmas spend. Out of the cellophane bag fell a brochure from J. Crew, a name that I'm familiar with only because of frequent mentions from my blogging friends across the pond.

Well, now they've come to London!
It's interesting to see the images chosen to promote the brand; a London taxi, looking rather bling!
Not content with one store in the capital they have opened three. The edited collection for men is in one of my favourite areas, Lamb's Conduit Street.
Before the shop opened the windows were obscured by illustrations of rather funky lambs. The illustrator was Hugo Guinness. (Just the sort of job that I would have loved to have done.)
What about the clothes? Embellished collars seem to be everywhere and J. Crew are no exception.
All together now, 
I want the jumper, and the trousers and the bag and...

6 comments:

  1. But apparently the prices will be 40% more expensive!! We always get the short end of the stick price wise...I don't know if I can justify those prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what their pricing is but a 40% hike sounds grim!

      Delete
  2. Oh Lord - J Crew is now the borg, although I do love it still, no matter what.... Thanks for the peek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now , at least, I shall have some idea what you are all talking about!

      Delete
  3. I have always liked J.Crew, although it can be pricy. Their sales are not great either, but I know that if I buy a gift there, it is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying hard to buy no more clothing for a good while - but it is still nice to look!

    ReplyDelete