Tuesday 7 September 2021

Books

Now that the mobile library is back in action my choice of books has become rather strange because there isn't a great deal of choice. The BBC had an Agatha Christie weekend and I thought it was time that I read one of her books. I found a large print Poirot in the library, just the job. By around chapter three I said to Himself, 'it's interesting, she's told us who the murderer is, but of course Poirot doesn't know." Ha ha, that was me fooled, the murderer was, of course, someone else entirely. I enjoyed it.


Another choice based on a television programme that I enjoy was a book of Inspector Montalbano short stories.  I like the scenery, the locations and the end music in the television series, all missing from the book of course, so the book didn't do much for me.








 I picked up 'The Mitford Trial' because I liked the cover, but also because I've read factual accounts of the Mitford sisters and  their complicated lives and wondered what this book was about.  I had to google the writer to find out what relation she was to Julian Fellowes, the 'Downton' creator. She is his niece.

 I was under-impressed by the book, so much so that I can now hardly remember what it was about.








2 comments:

  1. I have read maybe a handful ob Agatha Christie's books over the years and enjoyed them all; also, I love watching the Poirot and Marple made for TV films.
    The Mitford sisters? I have never heard of them, and as for Inspector Montalban, the name keeps popping up on blogs I read, but I have never watched the series or read any of the books.
    It is nice to know that your mobile library is operating again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best thing about the mobile library is that you can place orders for free and are not fined for a late return of books! The choice of books carried on board is very limited.
      Am now on my third Agatha Christie and enjoying it.

      Delete