Sunday 27 May 2018

Kos

The neighbours are always pleased when we take a holiday abroad because it invariably means that they enjoy glorious weather while we are away. Last week was no exception. We had gone for some much-needed vitamin D and we certainly got it. We did very little but swim and soak up the sun.


The holiday also seemed to involve a fair bit of eating.

Who can resist cherries to dip in the chocolate fountain?
Not me, anyway.

We also did a bit of Greek dancing,

(not all of it very Greek!)

and a lot of laughing.
The hotel gardens were lovely.






I watched the sun go down
for 




With thanks to Sandie and Chris 
for making our holiday such fun.


We returned home on a damp, misty, murky evening which made us laugh, it was so English! Today there has been a heavy downpour and rolls of thunder.

13 comments:

  1. What a wonderful sunset to end the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just happened to be on the balcony as the sun was setting. Perfect end to the day.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful place. I'm not sure where Kos is, but I'd like to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the Greek islands, Donna. They have not had rain for very many months. I told the manager at the hotel that it was we were getting his share as well as our own back in Blighty!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful place, Rosemary. We are looking for the sun also; it has been raining here for weeks. The slugs love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Maybe, I've said before that we seem to lead parallel lives - such rain ever since we've been back home and the slugs are chomping their way through everything!

      Delete
  4. First...I love the title of your blog. The sort of name I wish I'd concocted!
    Beautiful photos. I can never see too much bougainvillea, ever since I first visited my parents and much-younger brother at their winter place in Mexico. I was thrilled with the bright flowers climbing up walls, but my 5-year-old brother dismissed the sight as "Just plain old bougainvillea!"
    Thanks for the trip back in time.
    Kay
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I carefully nurture certain flowers at home only to see them growing like weeds whenever I holiday abroad! There was a lovely plumbago flowering profusely at the hotel, a deeper blue than the poor little specimen that I have in a pot in my greenhouse.

      Delete
  5. Chocolate covered cherries, Greek dancing and beautiful skies. What could be better!!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful sunset to end the day.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete