Monday 12 March 2018

Oh, really!

It was so dark at midday that we had to have the lights on. It's damp and drear outside, the sort of weather that chills me.
I've been spending days, and several evenings out, wearing my dressing gown. Oh, really, what a slob! A few years ago there was condemnation in the press for those uncouth people who fell out of bed and trundled round the supermarket in their pyjamas. Since then pjs have become quite a fashion item, seen on the glitterati all over the place. But dressing gowns have yet to become a 'thing'. Am I about to become a trailblazer? I've worn it out in the evening over a black silk shirt and black velvet trousers with a pop of yellow colour from an amber necklace that a daughter bought for me in Russia. (Sorry Chekhov, Tolstoy, Akhadulina and Yevtushenko but now I have REALLY fallen out with Russia.) I don't think that anyone thought, good grief, woman in a dressing gown. Perhaps they did, but I was warm and comfortable and couldn't care less.
 
It was made in India from soft recycled cotton and sold by Toast. It is blissfully comfy.
The different patterns are unified by a white running stitch over all the fabric. There are no buttons. (My fingers now find buttons tricky.)
And there are two generous pockets. What's not to like!
Joining Patti, who hosts Visible Monday.

8 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous. I went out on the back porch twice lately, for a moment to toss bread to the ducks, with just a long shirt on. I hope the neighbors didn't see me. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the shirt was long, worry not! (Glad to know that you're as mad as me, Donna!)

      Delete
  2. This fabric is wonderful, love it! Coming from Patti's linkup :) Greetings from Italy

    Fashion and Cookies - fashion and beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vale, how nice to have greetings from Italy. I've been over to have a peep at your blog and admire your delicious velvet suit!

      Delete
  3. I think you are a bit of a fashion trailblazer with this look! First, Indian cotton fabrics are so beautiful. This reminds me of the Kantha throws that have become popular for interiors. It also plays off the kimono look that had its moment here not long ago. So it's a natural, beautiful style progression, and I want one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've mislaid the label describing the fabric that came with the garment. I think it is recycled cotton. I shall wear it forever. (You may well want one, Michelle, but bearing in mind your climate it may well prove a tad too warm!)

      Delete
  4. Very attractive, indeed!

    The photo at the table - the pensive pose, flowers, contrasting wall - can you see the still, taken from a documentary? I do!

    The dress gown is the best answer to the current weather conditions. Bold in more than one way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me of the Kantha throws that have become popular for interiors. It also plays off the kimono look that had its moment here not long ago. So it's a natural, beautiful style progression, and I want one too!สมัคร D2BET

    ReplyDelete