Friday 24 October 2014

Sky watching in Halkidiki

We been staying at Eagles Palace for a week. The hotel is perched high above the beach amongst luxuriant planting and is the perfect place for a bit of sky watching.


There is little else to do but relax,
swim
and eat!
(Thank you, Christian for taking this photo.)
Our room was just a short step away from the beach
and even nearer to the exercise class. We did our best!
But was it good enough? The teacher is laughing!

Even when the sun was setting it was hard to tear ourselves away from the beach.

One evening, surely arranged especially for Friday Skywatch, there was this beautiful sunset. I just had time to point my camera before the colour  was gone.





What's not to love about Eagles' Palace!

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful location, and you're right, perfect for some skywatch shots!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing to do but laze - it's great for a week!

      Delete
  2. Nothing to do but relax, swim and eat. What a life! And don't you just rock a bikini!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll notice that I've printed the bikini shot as small as I could!

      Delete
  3. Wow! Never saw a sleeker bikini shot on a grow woman! Looks lovely, and am glad you had a wonderful time. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warm weather and sea swimming is my perfect pick-up. I'm dreaming of it now!

      Delete
  4. Hi - I am not actually commenting on this post, although it's wonderful. I was googling Emma Hickmott Ceramics and it brought me to you. I bought a lot of her things over 20 years ago at Portobello Rd. As her friend do you know if she is still making ceramics. Would love to see what she is doing!!! Thank you for any information you can give me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sue, your message prompts me to phone Emma and find out what she is up to! She moved out of London some years ago and leads a busy life with children, dog, fabulous big house and garden. If you email your contact details to me I'll pass them on to Emma.

      Delete
    2. Hello - thank you so much fo replying to me. The best email for me is smasonlmt@mac.com. I was working as a Physio back then doing Home Visits in the Notting Hill / Portobello Road area and remember buying some of her mugs - one of which my husband just broke!!! I remember passing her and looking at her work nearly every day. Nice memories. Sounds like she is well and happy. Thanks again. Sue

      Delete