Tuesday 7 January 2020

Visible Monday, waistcoat.

I've been aiming to spend as little on clothing as possible for quite a while now so it was a real treat on Christmas morning to open a parcel and find this waistcoat inside. It is Italian made, in pink baby cord, and I love it!
All the holiday eating has taken a toll on my waistline so it's a good job that the waistcoat can just as happily be worn unbuttoned!
They've used the same fabric throughout.
I'm wearing it here with a cord skirt but it looks really good with jeans and a white shirt, an outfit I shall probably be living in on a daily basis as soon as the weather becomes warmer.
I have several waistcoats, it's an item of clothing that I've always liked. I used to wear my father's fine wool tartan waistcoats to college when I was an art student. They are warming but unrestricting. Himself has a variety of waistcoats, bought at my suggestion. I think he looks great in them but I've always to remind him to wear them otherwise I don't think he would bother!
Linking up with Patti for her Visible Monday.

8 comments:

  1. That is really pretty and you look great in it, Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm delighted with it - what a lovely surprise present!

      Delete
  2. I love the colour and the fabric, and it suits you very well. If you think it is too tight right now (until your waistline adjusts itself after the holiday period is over), you can simply adjust the strap in the back, can't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, it has a forgiving rear strap. What I like about waistcoats, however, is their ability to create a neat body shape.
      Still polishing off the last of the festive chocolate and biscuits so there's a way to go on the body shape!

      Delete
  3. Great color and shape, Rosemary! xo

    Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My only concern will be to not spill anything down my front!

      Delete
  4. I have only just discovered how flattering baby pink is as a colour. It looks lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine that living where you do you don't need to discover how cozy a waistcoat is!

      Delete