Friday 17 May 2019

Andelli Art

We were in Crete and missed Stewart Geddes' private view so we went this week to catch his exhibition before it closed. Stewart is the current president of the Royal West of England Academy and earlier this year he curated an exhibition of Albert Irvin and abstract expressionism which has obviously greatly influenced his own most recent paintings, here on display at the Andelli.
Interesting that the paintings that I most liked had all been sold.

What a delightful gallery the Andelli is, set in the Somerset hills above the small city of Wells. It's run by Ellie Jones within her own home. I love to see artwork and collectables within a domestic setting and the space created by Ellie and her family really is a joy.





I had a very happy mooch around, oohing and aahing at such a wide variety of objects; rows of jaw bones with teeth, toy hospital sets, African masks, suitcases, artists' palettes - you name it!
 



Lovely things to see in every room.
Thank you, Ellie for being so hospitable.
Ah, I'm glad its not just my family who relish the pleasure of STUFF!

2 comments:

  1. Long live STUFF! While I do admire those pristine interiors photographed for the magazines, I am most happy surrounded by things I have collected and love. Sometimes I find myself forewarning new visitors, "I have a lot of stuff!", but I don't apologize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurrah, a member of the Lots of Stuff Club. Never apologise - unless you've been bad!

      Delete